Going to university is an exciting prospect and should be a time that you are able to look back on with fondness and affection. It is too, for many students, their first time leaving home. Therefore, finding a student property is an important step and one that should be considered carefully.
With over two decades of experience as a student accommodation provider with both managed and self managing landlords we are well placed to help you find your perfect student property.
Here are a few things to consider before you start any viewings:
- Your budget - How much rent can you comfortably afford? Living on a student budget can be tough so don’t overstretch yourself
- The people you will live with - This is a very important decision and one that has to be carefully considered. How many people would you like to live with? Are you comfortable in a large or small group? Our houses cater for all group sizes but on average are for between 4-6 people.
- The Tenancy Type - Are you happy in a joint and several tenancy or would you like a room in a shared house with shared communal facilities? These decisions are important because they dictate how you will be considered by the landlord in terms of things like your legal undertakings and obligations.
- The actual age and construction of the house - Are you considering a new build or period property - this can affect things like heating costs if your bills are not included.
- Bills inclusive or exclusive
- Transport Links and surrounding amenities
Once you are sure where and with who you wish to live our dedicated lettings team can take you on viewings to help you find your perfect house. Then our property consultants will take over and help you with:
- Your initial pre-tenancy application
- Credit check, ID, right to rent, referencing and vetting for both you and your guarantor
- Guarantees of tenancy
- Deposit legislation
- Providing a tenancy agreement to ensure the needs of both you and your landlord are protected
- Check in appointment, keys and inventory
Our dedicated and professional team have the skills, experience, and resources to oversee any aspect of the student letting process and once you have moved in, deal with any situations as required.
We have over two decades of experience in student lettings and a huge database of student tenants waiting to rent. If you have a student property to rent and would like to discuss letting or bespoke managment packages then please call 01179 838383 or email [email protected] where a member of the team will be happy to help.